We got ready to go this morning but a thunderstorm was raging outside. We waited for the storm to pass but there were more storms right behind as a cold front was passing through the area. We decided to sit tight for the day with predicted clearing tomorrow. While waiting we discussed what been on our minds for the last week, the spike in COVID cases and the new variants. We have about 3 weeks of crossing areas with a high number of cases before reaching New England where the numbers look better, at least right now. So we decided to put the trip on hold for now. We reached 2900 miles and have had the opportunity to ride some of the most beautiful parts of America. We look forward to returning to Ohio and completely route in the not too distant future.
To all our friends and family that have supported us along the way — THANKS from the bottom of our hearts!
Thank you, Mark and Sherri, for making this inspiring trip. It's too bad about the COVID spike, but you have made amazing progress.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for your support Glenn. Our plan right now is to return to Ohio in May and finish our route.Delete
Mark and Sherri - What a wonderful trip you guys have had so far - good decision to not take risks with the variants spikes. You now have many amazing memories of the trip to hold you over until you can return. We are looking forward to hearing some of them in person!ReplyDelete
Thanks Luis ! Looking forward to meeting up sooon.Delete
Perhaps this way you will get to bike across New England in the most beautiful time of year - Fall!ReplyDelete
Great idea Chris. My brother wants to ride with us part of the way on our restart so plan A is May. But who knows …Delete
Incredible journey, I am thankful I was able to “tag along”!ReplyDelete